What’s better than a frozen spicy margarita on a hot summer day? I really can’t think of anything that could top that!
Summer is officially here babes, and we have to continue finding ways to stay entertained at home. Whether you are celebrating Cinco De Mayo or you simply need a new cocktail recipe for your next Zoom happy hour, this margarita is everything you need right now.
I might even dare to say it’s a skinny margarita as you won’t need any additional sugar or syrup, the watermelon is sweet enough!
Found these cacti margarita glasses on Amazon – the set of four is under $30!
Ingredients (makes 4)
- 6 oz of your favorite tequila (4 shots)
- 3 jalapeños to infuse the tequila
- 4 cups watermelon, in chucks & frozen
- 4 limes, juiced
- Tajín spices for rim
- 1 additional lime to wet rim
- 1 additional jalapeño, thinly sliced for garnish
At least 24 hours before:
Infuse your Tequila
- Chop 3 medium sized jalapeños into small pieces (don’t discard the seeds!), place into the jar, and pour tequila to the top.
- Stir and screw on the lid.
- Place your jar in a room-temperature, dark place (such as a cabinet), for at least 24 hours. For best results infuse for 2 to 3 days.
- When fully infused, pour tequila through a mesh strainer to remove jalapeño and seeds.
Freeze your Watermelon
- Cut your watermelon (preferably seedless) in small chunks
- Put the chunks in an airtight container and place in the freezer overnight
To make your Margaritas
Use lime wedge to wet rim of margarita glasses then dip rims into Tajín.
In a blender, combine frozen watermelon, lime juice, and tequila, and blend until smooth. Pour your margaritas into Tajín rimmed glasses and garnish with 2-3 thin slices of seedless jalapeño.
Serve & salúd, babes!
Just so you know, these affiliate links are what keep the blog alive. We appreciate your love and support.