Instead of baking, I decided to make festive chocolate-covered pretzels for a sweet treat this holiday season. I’ve always chocolate-covered pretzels! These yummy treats are super easy, fun, and affordable to make. They are great to bring to a party for something sweet or bag up and give out to friends and family as gifts. I love making baked goods or other homemade items like pickles, hot sauce or remoulade sauce to have on hand to give out over the holidays. I give them to coworkers, frirneds, and it’s also great to have a few extras for those who you may have forgotten about 😉
All you need is pretzels, different varieties of chocolate chips (I went with white and milk chocolate), and fun holiday-themed sprinkles!
Here’s how to do it:
- White chocolate chips
- Milk chocolate chips
- holiday sprinkles
- You will also need parchment paper
- Melt milk chocolate in a bowl by microwaving and stirring for 20 seconds at a time until it’s melted. Be very careful not to over-microwave or the chocolate will seize up and not be good for dipping.
- Dip pretzels by holding the sides and dunking them in the chocolate face down for full coverage.
- Lay them on parchment paper and cover them in sprinkles before they dry!
- Repeat with white chocolate
- For the chocolate drizzles on white chocolate pretzels or vice versa, add melted milk or white chcolate to a small plastic bag and cut a small hole in the corner, then squeeze through the hole to drizzle over the pretzels
- Wait until all pretzels are completely cool before transferring them to a cute serving dish
- Or grab some cute holiday bags and hand them out as gifts!
Enjoy your cute chocolate-covered pretzels!