Thank you to Hendrick’s Gin for hooking us up with bottles of their badass gin for these G&Ts!
If there’s something the quarantine has taught us, it’s that our only true hobbies are going to bars, going to restaurants and traveling. As you can imagine, the past few weeks have been
driving us nuts quite interesting as we’re unable to do any of those things.
We’re not going to go into a looonnggg anecdote about why you should make these cocktails and what they remind us of. The story behind these cocktails is quite simple: National Gin Tonic Day is on April 9th and we needed the perfect cocktails for our G&T happy hour next Thursday!
Now, let’s get to cocktail-making:
Strawberry Basil G&T
For A Single Cocktail
- 5 strawberries sliced
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1.5 oz Hendrick’s gin (1 shot)
- 2 oz chilled club soda chilled
For Four Cocktails
- 1 pint of strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8-12 basil leaves
- 6 oz Hendrick’s Gin (4 shots)
- club soda chilled
- Slice your strawberries and place in a glass or small bowl with sugar. Let them sit in the fridge for 10 minutes to get the strawberry juices going!
- Combine strawberry and sugar mixture with lime juice and place in a food processor or a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Strain this mixture
- Fill a short glass with ice
- Pour in strawberry mixture and gin. Give it a good stir and top with club soda.
- Garnish with basil leaves and more sliced strawberries!
Pink Bitter G&T
For Two Cocktails
- 3 oz Hendricks gin (2 shots)
- 1 oz lime juice (1 shot)
- Tonic water
- 8-10 dashes bitters
- 2 lime wheels for garnish
- Add gin, lime juice and bitters to shaker
- Pour over ice in cocktail glass
- Top with Tonic water
- Garnish with a lime wheel and enjoy!