Whether you’re single and ready to mingle, in a committed relationship or recently married, there is no better time to celebrate yourself and self love than during Valentine’s Day. I talked about the importance of self care a few days ago, and part of it is making sure you take time to show yourself a little love.
So, let the boys bring you flowers if they want, but really all you need this Valentine’s day is a little self-TLC.
Start your day with positive affirmations
Affirmations are short, positive statements that describe something you want and by repeating these to yourself often, you’ll trigger your subconscious to make your goals and desires happen for you.
If this sounds like BS to you, you’re not alone! I was skeptical about this at first, but in reality our own thoughts have the power of transforming your energy and the energy of those around you! Positive people attract positive things.
Still don’t believe me? Notice the difference in your day when you wake up and you’re in a bad mood, hate everyone and the world. Now, on Valentine’s Day (or any day), focus on starting your day with positive thoughts and affirmations. Report back with findings 😉.
Treat yourself to a new dress or a pair of new shoes
Now that you’re in a positive mindset, why not make your day even better by treating yourself to something new!
Whether you have a hot V-Day date, plan on going out with your girls, or want to stay in and watch Netflix ’till 2AM (here are some reccos on what to watch btw), you’ll definitely love the feeling of buying something that makes you feel cute and confident!
Need cute boutique or online shopping ideas?
- In Houston, check out:
- Emerson Rose in the Heights or Montrose
- Hemline in River Oaks
- In New Orleans, check out:
- Armoire Boutique on Magazine Street
- Hemline in the French Quarter or on Magazine Street
Prefer to online shop? We get EVERYTHING off of Amazon Fashion these days!
Show your skin some love with a facial
We all make fun of bloggers and their skin routine that no one really asked about, buuuuut y’all, if you’re over the age of 23 you REALLY need to skincare seriously. You should start as early as possible to avoid wrinkles, tone imperfections, protect yourself from the sun, etc, etc!
For a few years now, and especially last year, I became obsessed with everything skincare and began to get monthly facials. They’ve done wonders for my skin; I have smaller pores, less issues with dryness and love when I leave the spa with a glow on my face.
So, where should you get a facial this Valentine’s Day?
- In Houston,
- In New Orleans,
- Paris Parker on Prytania (In only 30 minutes, you can achieve the best skin of your life y’all, seriously! Paris Parker also offers many other services like hair, make up, color, etc!)
Don’t forget to get your nails done!
Positive mindset: check! New outfit: check! Glowing skin: check! Now it’s time for even more #selflove and relaxation, and what’s better than a pedicure or mani, or both?! #BabesTip: find yourself a nail spa that treats you to wine while you’re getting pampered 😜
Our go-to nail salons,
- In Houston
- Pure Lux Nail Spa in the Heights
- In New Orleans
- Nail Bar NOLA in the Warehouse District
Enter our ‘love yo’self’ Valentine’s Day Giveaway
Because we love y’all soooo much, we’ve partnered with some of the spots we’ve mentioned here to help you celebrate self love this Valentine’s Day!
- One lucky babe in Houston will win a $125 gift certifcate to Skoah Oak Forrest + a Galentine’s Day package (Oxygeno 3 in 1 Facial, Vitamin C serum infusion, Customized Cooling Mask, Mimosas upon arrival) + 2 boxes of our fave bubbly wine, Babe Wine!
- One lucky babe in NOLA will win a Hydra Facial at Paris Parker on Prytania + a Pedicure at Nail Bar NOLA + 2 boxes of our fave bubbly wine, Babe Wine!
What are you waiting for? #LoveYoSelf and head over to our Instagram to enter.