A boozy Irish coffee is the perfect winter drink to sip while cozying up by a fire with your boo. Who can resist a drink that combines two of our favorite things – caffeine and booze?!? It’s like an adult hot chocolate and they are super easy to make.
You will need the ingredients below, plus something to brew coffee with whether it’s a french press or regular coffee maker, a couple of glasses or mugs for the cocktail, and something to lightly whip the cream with. You can use a frother, handheld electric mixer, or even a whisk for the cream to top your boozy Irish coffee.
- 1.5 ounces of Irish whiskey (we used Tullamore Dew)
- Demerara (brown) sugar cubes
- 4 oz. brewed medium roast coffee
- 1.5 ounces heavy cream
- Add the Irish whiskey and one sugar cube to a glass
- Stir in the warm coffee until the sugar cube melts
- Add lightly whipped heavy cream to float on the top
- Garnish with cinnamon and voila!
This makes one so double the ingredients for two. Enjoy your boozy Irish coffee! Check out more of our cocktail recipes here.