The best thing I’ve bought this year is my air fryer – y’all I cannot tell you how much I love it! You can make just about anything on an air fryer: roasted red peppers, pork tenderloin, sweet potato fries, steak, you name it.
I love cooking, but don’t always have the time – thanks to the quarantine (and my air fryer) this year I’ve had the chance to experiment with tons of new recipes.
I’ve also experimented with grocery delivery and meal prep services, for the past 3 weeks I’ve been getting my groceries from Imperfect Foods: grocery items that help reduce food waste—delivered for up to 30% less than national supermarket chains! I’m loving it because it’s way cheaper than shopping at my local grocery store and I get to check out items I wouldn’t normally buy. PS this link gets you $10 off your first order!
Anyways, back to this Cornish Hen…it came in my second Imperfect Foods box and I was ready to whip up a fancy meal for two.
- 2 Cornish Game Hens (I only bought one and felt like it was enough for two. If you’re extra hungry definitely do one per person)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Thyme
Spray the inside of the air fryer with cooking spray.
Combine the olive oil, and seasonings in a small bowl. Once combined, rub the seasoning evenly over both hens. #ProTip: Lift up the breast skin and rub some seasoning directly on the breast meat to add more flavor.
Place in the air fryer breast side down and cook at 360F for 35 minutes. Flip the hens and cook for an additional 10 minutes to get the skin crispy. The hens will be finished when the internal temperature is 165F.
I paired them with roasted purple potatoes and roasted carrots – the recipe is simple:
- Pre-heat your oven to 375F
- Wash, peel and slice your carrots + wash and slice your potatoes (leave the skin on).
- In a bowl mix your veggies with olive oil, salt and pepper, and thyme to taste
- Place the veggies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for easy cleanup
- Roast for 15-20 minutes
Voilá, you have a fancy & healthy meal for two!
Just so you know, these affiliate links are what keep the blog alive. We appreciate your love and support.