A few months ago, I visited Round Top, Texas for a weekend getaway. It’s the perfect place for a road trip, it’s just about an hour and a half drive from Houston! I was looking for a place where we could relax, enjoy the last of the summer sun and continue to practice social distancing.
After many Google and Instagram searches for accommodations in Round Top, I was lucky to stumble upon The Lone Star Farm; it is a property featuring restored 19th century cabins & cottages on 12 acres just 2 min from Downtown Round Top!
This place is so cool because you can either rent one cabin for your small group or family, or you can rent out the whole thing. I had family visiting me, so we opted to rent the entire place for the weekend. Not only was it surprisingly affordable, but it was one of the best vacations I’ve taken in a while; The Lone Star Farm is gorgeous, the accommodations give you an authentic Texas getaway experience with a touch of luxury and I was able to visit some unique spots around Round Top.
Accommodations and Check-In
Check-in was seamless, Jack was extremely communicative via e-mail about check-in details and it was all contactless, which is much needed these days.
The full farm rental comes with the following:
The Hadley Cottage (Sleeps 2): This is an open floor plan cottage with 2 twin beds, 1 bathroom with rain shower, kitchenette (microwave, mini-fridge, Keurig), breakfast table, covered porch, large stone sitting patio, central ac/heat, WiFi and satellite TV.
The Sloane Collins Cabin (Sleeps 2-3): It’s a restored 1830s log cabin with 2 floors. The upstairs has 1 bedroom with queen bed, and the downstairs has the living room sitting area (with a rollaway bed option), 1 bathroom with shower, kitchenette (microwave, mini-fridge, Keurig), covered porch, central ac/heat, WiFi and satellite TV.
The Brooks Cabin (sleeps 4-5): This barnwood builders cabin has an open floor plan. It features 1 queen bed, twin bunkbed (with rollaway bed option), a living room area, 1 bathroom with shower and and a gorgeous tub, a kitchenette (microwave, mini-fridge, Keurig), covered porch, central ac/heat, WiFi and satellite TV.
The Community Barn: a cabin featuring a full kitchen, a dining room area, outdoor living room and eating area, and even a PacMan arcade machine!
But wait, there’s more! The farm features a pool, a fishing pond, a pickle-ball court and corn hole. sets!
The Lone Star Farm will soon feature additional accommodations, we got a sneak peak of the Farmhouse which will have additional suites.
What To Pack
- Your best country chic attire
- Cowboy boots, of course
- A swimsuit
- Bug spray
- Pool Towels (Towels for the shower are provided but you’ll need your own towel for the pool).
- Bring your own breakfast (Unless you plan on driving somewhere in the morning. Keurig, K cups, creamer and sugar are provided.)
- Water and beverages
- Additional meals and lots of snacks (we brought two cheese and charcuterie boards from Fig Brie & Charcuterie and they were the afternoon snack)
- A speaker for music
- Seasoning and cooking oil if you plan on cooking (all other tools will be available inside your cabin or the common area kitchen if you rent out the whole farm)
What to Do & Where to Eat + Drink in Round Top Texas
Round Top is a small town, but with lots of flavor and eclectic shops to visit! Add these to your Round Top, Texas itinerary:
Eat & Drink At:
- The Stone Cellar – a cute Texas pub with craft beer on tap, fine wines, pizza and live music
- Mandito’s – Tex Mex in the center of Downtown Round Top
- Lulu’s – An upscale Italian Restaurant
- Royer’s Pie Haven – a bakery featuring some of the best pies I’ve ever had, don’t miss the Texas Trash Pie
- Ellis Motel – one of the coolest cocktail bars I’ve ever been to
- Blue Mule Wines – a winery just a 6 min drive from The Lone Star Farm
- Junk Gypsy – the funkiest shop ever
- Round Top Village – a shopping area with lots of cute shops
- Explore tons of antique shops all over Round Top!
- Pop-A-Top Bottle Shop – in case you run out of wine or liquor while you’re on your trip
Round Top and The Lone Star Farm are places where you can truly relax and disconnect from everything. I highly recommend visiting this town and staying at the farm. Don’t forget to tell them babes xo sent you when you book 😉