Thank you to Lively Beach for hosting my visit!
One benefit of having very long summers in Texas is that you can go to the beach almost all year long! Last month, I visited Corpus Christi for the first time and I was completely blown away by the newest resort on Mustang Island: Lively Beach.
If you think you know what Texas beaches are all about, well, Lively Beach is about to change your mind. Welcome to a chic beach resort experience in Texas, at Lively Beach you’ll experience private beach access, a huge resort style pool, lounge spaces and quiet book nooks, rooftop grilling areas and gorgeous accommodations!
If you’re looking for your next socially-distanced vacation, Lively Beach is the place you need to visit. You can access it by car (about a 3.5 – 4 hour drive from Houston) or if you’re comfortable traveling by plane, you can fly into Corpus Christi International Airport (CRP) on Southwest Airlines, American Airlines and United Airlines.
Accommodations and Check In
Check in is completely contactless, you’ll receive an email a day before so you can enter your credit card details and hours before your check-in time you’ll receive your access code to your room.
There a variety of rooms available
- Studio Efficiency, 1 Bath
- Studio, 1 Bath (some of these 1st floor units are dog friendly!)
- 1 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom
- 1 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom with Deck
- 1 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom with Den & Patio
- 1 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom with Loft & Deck
- 2 Bedroom, 3 Bathroom with Deck
All rooms are equipped with the furniture and items you’ll need to feel right at home; full kitchen with granite counter tops (oven, stove top, microwave, dish washer and refrigerator), they even have a Keurig, pots, pans, plates, glassware, cutlery and cookware! This was super convenient as I decided to bring all of my meals so we wouldn’t have to leave the property; but fear not, there are plenty of restaurants just a short drive away.
You will also find ice machines, so don’t worry about stopping for that on your way there!
I definitely recommend you take advantage of the sky decks with grills, they’re the perfect place to unwind after a day under the sun. We grilled fajitas and drank wine on our last night, and it was one of my favorite moments during our stay at Lively Beach.
What To Pack
Lively Beach really had everything we needed for a comfortable, socially-distanced vacation. Even if we forgot anything, there was a Target and HEB not too far away where we could have gone in case we needed anything. Here are my recommendations on what to pack,
- Beach clothes, swimsuits and hats
- Sunscreen and Aloe Vera
- Beach Towels (Towels for the shower are provided but you’ll need your own beach towel).
- Bring your own breakfast (Unless you plan on driving somewhere in the morning. Keurig, K cups, creamer and sugar are provided. We brought eggs, refried beans, tortillas, salt, pepper and olive oil to make breakfast tacos).
- Water and beverages (Topo Chico and water bottles are provided upon check-in, however, we recommend you bring more).
- Your favorite meat to grill and grilling tools (Gas grills are available on the sky decks, however we did not find any spatulas or tongs and had to improvise).
- A cooler (Ice is available on the grounds).
- A speaker for music under the sun
- Seasoning and cooking oil if you plan on cooking (all other tools will be available inside your room)
- Dog food, bowls and treats if you’re bringing your pups
What to Do & Where to Eat in Corpus Christi
We spent most of our time at Lively Beach; it’s such a gorgeous property with tons to do, you’ll have a hard time wanting to leave. However, there is soooo much to do in Corpus Christi! Below is an itinerary that our friends at Visit Corpus Christi put together for us which we plan on following soon, we just need a longer vacation to be able to do all the things,
- Selena Statue
- Corpus Christi Seawall and Marina
- Dinner suggestions
Day 2- Padre Island
- WaterDog Floating Yoga– they have a sunrise standup paddleboard yoga class
- Treasure Island Golf & Games and souvenir shop
- Dinner suggestions all with outdoor seating
Day 3 – Padre Island & Downtown
- Breakfast suggestions on Padre Island
- Afternoon attraction (Downtown)
This has been one of the most relaxing vacations I’ve experienced in a while; Lively Beach definitely exceeded ALL of my expectations and I especially enjoyed that I was able to bring by pups along. I cannot wait to be back and I cannot recommend them enough. The property is spectacular, the staff was so kind and helpful and it’s the perfect place to take a vacation right now.
Got questions about Lively Beach? Visit their website or feel free to email me !